Many employees in this country have never seen written evidence of their contract. Thus the scope for imprecision and misunderstanding is great. A contract may be made orally or in writing or in any combination. The more control an employer can give to a solicitor in the early stages of the recruitment process the better; from the wording of any advertisement through to the final offer letter. A variety of factors need to be considered in order to draft an appropriate employment contract to help ensure that an employer can establish to their satisfaction matters such as employee’s duties, flexibility of operations and rights to vary the contract.
At Kew Law we have the experience and the expertise to best advise you on all aspects of an employment contract including points such as:
- Does the employer wish to hire an employee, or would an independent contract or be better suited to the needs of the business?
- If an employee is needed, what is to be the job description and what degree of flexibility do you want from the post?
- Is the advertisement, appointment or promotion in any way discriminatory?
- What are the needs of the business in terms of working patterns, e.g. shift work, job sharing, overtime, mobility clauses?
- Is there a special need to protect business secrets, e.g., by use of confidentiality or restraint of trade clauses?
- What does the client want in terms of disciplinary and dismissal procedures?
Contact us here for an initial discussion and to make an appointment or call our mobile friendly number on +44 (0) 20 3581 5678 to speak to an Employment Law Solicitor.
Our Clients Review
Friendly and very helpful team. Thank you Imran bhai
Excellent service, with personal attention, All the staff was quick and efficient. They helped me closely in a professional and friendly manner. Looking forward to getting help from them in the future.
My matter was dealt very professionally, my friend passed me these people detail. I am a happy client, happily recommended to any body who need legal help. Thank you all at Privilege Solicitors
Best lawyers in my world, thank you all.
Very Professional ... Highly recommended
I would like to take this opportunity in thanking you for the very efficient and professional way that Mr Imran (privilege solicitors) have handled my case. Thank you for all the work you did for me.You are a credit to your firm and I would highly recommend you to anybody looking for your services.